I will format your manuscript so that it meets the requirements to be published on Smashwords and entered in their premium catalog*
- I will include a working Table of Contents
If I spot any minor errors, I will correct them. I am not an editor and will not edit your manuscript. Basically, if it gets underscored by Word as a grammatical or a spelling error, I might fix it, if I see it and know 100% that it should be fixed. Do not expect me to make a lot of major changes and do not expect an edited document back. I am formatting your work, any fixed errors are just a bonus.
- I will get your manuscript accepted by the Smashwords Premium Catalog. If your work is rejected from the catalog (unless the error is related to the cover) I will re-format it, free of charge, until it is accepted.
*The Smashwords Premium Catalog is their list of “premium” works. If you are in the premium catalog then you have the option of distributing your published work to Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Kobo, and many other outlets, through Smashwords. If your book is not in the premium catalog, then it is only available from Smashwords.
This includes formatting your entire manuscript to meet Smashwords Premium Guidelines. As well as re-formatting (if necessary) if it is rejected from Smashwords. You are free to take the finished, formatted document and use it for any other purpose – it’s yours.
- If the chapters have actual names, such as The Boy Who Lived or Keni’s Turn, it’s an extra $0.05 per chapter
- If your book has more than 30 chapters, it is an extra $0.05 per chapter
- And if there are major formatting issues, it’s an extra $20 per 100k words – If you have a major formatting issue, I will contact you ahead of time to explain it and work things out with you.
- I will do everything I offer for Smashwords to make your book eligible to be published on Amazon Kindle.
Please be aware, Amazon and Smashwords formatting requirements are different. If you request one and attempt to use it for the other format, it will fail.
Cost: $0.50/1,000 words
- I will do everything I offer for my other formats to make your book ready to publish in paperback.
- I will provide you with a .pdf to upload to Amazon Createspace.
- In addition, I can include several add-ons, such as fancier fonts for chapter titles, images at the start of each chapter and/or between scene breaks, and fancy fonts inside the book (such as for letters or text messages). Please specify if you want extras before I begin formatting!
Please be aware, paperback formats and Amazon and Smashwords are different. If you request one and attempt to use it for the other format, it will fail.
Basic Formatting Cost:$1/1000 words, plus $.05 per chapter over 20
Basic Formatting includes setting up your manuscript for paperback publishing. Your chapter headers will be set apart from the main text. This includes re-sizing, re-locating, or changing the font.
- Font Matching (Cost Varies)
When I format a paperback book you have the choice between a Chapter Header font that grabs the feel of your book, or using the same font that appears on the cover. I can use any of the fonts in my library for no added cost (except any outlined below if you choose those options). If I have to purchase the font, the cost will be added to your total. I will never buy a font and charge you without your permission. I will never knowingly use or purchase a font that does not allow commericial use.
- Single Image: .10 cents per chapter
- Multiple Images and/or random placement: .50 cents per chapter
- Separate Chapter Page: .10 cents per chapter
- Multiple Fonts or Drop Caps: .10 cents per chapter
- Extra Interior Formatting: cost varies by task
- Custom Images or Photoshop: Cost Negotiable
Get Paperback Formatting from me and get any other format for just $10!
Why Me?: I have an odd (possibly masochistic) enjoyment of formatting. When my publisher was getting frustrated working on Smashwords formatting, I offered to do it for her. I began to do all of the Smashwords formatting. Several months later I was officially hired as a formatter for Smashwords, Kindle, and print books. I stumbled onto an opportunity to do some outside formatting and decided that I might as well turn my little hobby into a side job. I know what it’s like to be an indie author and all of the red tape you have to go through. You wrote the book, let me help you get it to the world =)
Since starting my freelance formatting I have formatted for dozens of different authors, including non-fiction, books in other languages, and the autobiography for the band Smash Mouth!).
If I have formatted for you and you would like some images to appear in my portfolio, with buy links for your books, please contact me